Assumption of Risks to My Pet,
including, but not limited to: cat or dog bites and/or other forms of pet attacks; injury and/or illness from participation in socialization activities or exercising; the administration of food, medication, or medical treatment; participation in routine kennel activities and maintenance; injuries, death, or loss of property generally.
Assumption of Risks to Myself, including, but not limited to: cat or dog bites and/or other forms of pet attacks; slip and fall injuries; illness, injuries, death, or loss of property generally.
I, the undersigned “Releasor”, am aware that the dog or cat kennel service (the “Kennel Service”) operated by Sturgeon County Kennels Ltd. (the “Releasee”) may involve risks, dangers and hazards to my pet. I acknowledge & accept that the Releasee cannot predict when and where such risks, dangers, & hazards will occur.
I understand the Releasee will do its best to provide a safe, healthy and secure environment for my pet. However, I also understand that the Releasee’s Kennel Service involves the socialization of my pet with other animals, the exercising of my pet, and the administration of food and/or medication to my pet, as applicable, which carries inherent risks of injury, illness, and loss of life to my pet. I further understand and accept that my own presence at the premises of the Releasee may involve risks, dangers and hazards to myself.
I agree to mitigate risks by ensuring (i) my dog is leashed and (ii) my cat is in a hard plastic or metal carrier while traveling to and from my vehicle and the individual kennel.
Through my willing use of the Kennel Service, I freely accept and fully assume all risks, dangers and hazards associated with the Kennel Service offered by the Releasee, as well as the potential of injury, illness, or death to either myself or my pet.
I acknowledge and agree that the release from liability, indemnification agreement, and waiver of claims that I am giving under this Waiver applies and extends to all of Sturgeon County Kennels Ltd., its owner(s), employee(s), representative(s) and any other person(s) affiliated with Sturgeon County Kennels Ltd. (collectively, the “Released Parties”).
In consideration of the Releasee allowing me to make use of the Kennel Service offered by them, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
1) To waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against the Released Parties, and to release the Released Parties from any and all liability for any loss, damages, expenses, or injury, including death, that either myself or my pet may suffer as a result of the Kennel Service due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any duty of care owed under the occupiers liability act of Alberta on the part the Released Parties, and including the failure on the part of the Released Parties to safeguard or protect myself or my pet from the risks, dangers, and hazards inherent to the Kennel Service referred to above;
2) To hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all liability for any property damage to property of, or personal injury to, any third party resulting from my pet’s participation in the Kennel Service;
3) This Waiver shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4) This Waiver, and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Waiver, shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and no other jurisdiction; and
5) Any litigation involving the parties to this Waiver shall be bought solely within the Province of Alberta and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
I, the undersigned Releasor, have read and understand this waiver, and I am aware that by signing this waiver I am waiving certain legal rights including the right to sue which I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and representatives may have against the Released Parties for any and all loss, injuries and/or death to either myself or my pet caused from unforeseen, unpredictable and/or uncontrollable circumstances.