WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COOKIES
FIRST OF ALL… WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. For this section, we conveniently use “cookies” as an umbrella term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They don’t take much space and they will be removed automatically when expired. Some cookies expire at the end of your internet session, while others will be saved for a limited amount of time.
SECONDLY… WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT COOKIE TYPES WE USE?
There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are there just to allow you to browse the website and see certain features. Some give us an idea on your browsing experience, i.e. when you have trouble finding what you are looking for, so we can improve and make your future visit as pleasant as possible.
Cookies set by SCK are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than us are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer or mobile both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites. We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons.
The most important cookies are the required cookies. They are essential and help you to navigate on the website and to use basic features, such as media plugins. Then there are functionality cookies that enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. The performance and analytics cookies we use to improve our website. We also like to show you relevant offers. To manage this we collect browsing data, which may be linked to a unique identifier to allow us to understand how you interact with SCK across different platforms as described in our privacy statement ( click here for our privacy statement). Interaction cookies are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews. Targeting cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside SCK sites. In addition, social media cookies may be used to track your activity over social media platforms.
- REQUIRED COOKIESare essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features (e.g. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process). These cookies are required to enable core site functionality. These cookies are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
- ADVERTISING AND SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
- will remember your product and buying preferences or assist marketing efforts in other ways. These cookies enable us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes referred to as “targeting cookies”).
- help us to understand shopping behaviour of visitors. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers (sometimes referred to as “performance cookies”).
- are used for you to express your opinion. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products (sometimes referred to as “interaction cookies”).
- Our website and (mobile) application use re-targeting technologies that enable us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop and our products, advertisements from us on partner websites. We believe that the display of a personalised, interest-based advertising is more interesting for our customers than advertising that does not have a personal connection.
- We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our websites or (mobile) applications and your interaction with our communications, including advertising. Currently we use Google Display Network (GDN) to delivery these services to us. Information regarding GDN is available at: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549063?hl=en. additional information
WHAT IF YOU DON’T LIKE COOKIES?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent certain cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Adobe (flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
If you do not wish information about your behaviour at our website or (mobile) application being collected and assessed by Facebook, you can apply for a visitor opt-out. This means that Facebook will, depending on the type of opt-out you choose, either anonymise the information it collects (but keeps collecting the data) or stop collecting information about your visit at all. This visitor opt-out requires you to accept a cookie being stored on your computer by Facebook.
If you would like to opt out of the service of ads based on the use of re-targeting technologies (currently served by GDN), you can visit: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#/. You can always contact us for further information if your opt-out options are unclear.
HOW OFTEN WILL YOU UPDATE THIS COOKIE STATEMENT?
The date at the top of this Cookie Statement indicates when it was last updated.